Wednesday, July 23, 2008

There is no place like home!

It has been SO nice to be home this week. A lot has already gone on and there are 3 more full days before I return to Minnesota on Sunday. Praise God for how He has worked out all of the details so that I have been able to enjoy those that I really wanted/needed to see and have quality time with each. I am a bit tired (I guess I don't usually have a "date" with about 15 or more people in a typical week), but what a blessing to enjoy the people God has put into my life! Sleepovers with cousins, dinners with my family, lunch with Ken & Sharon, and being able to pray with those that I love is all worth it. Speaking of prayer, I went to prayer meeting at my church in Ohio and heard people pray for almost two hours together about genuine needs, weaknesses, physical & emotional pain, and God's will. Some of these people I have known for years and have never heard them pray until tonight. After all of the challenges and struggles that have taken place in this church, I was so refreshed to watch God talk to these people and remind us how much we need Him. Years of exhausting concern were calmed in my heart tonight. God's plan will always be accomplished. What a privilege that we get to see some of it now and that He does reward (in His perfect way and timing) those who seek Him.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

It was sooooo wonderful to have you home, sweet girl! :) And amen & amen & amen to your writing! :)

Love you!
~Debs